Moving is always a challenge. Relocating your family and your household items becomes even more challenging when you decide to pick up, pack, and drive the truck yourself. Ace Midwest can provide a comprehensive moving service that includes all of these. If you choose, however, that you want to move, below are some tips for packing and driving more efficiently. If you have any questions or need any help during the process, then feel free to contact us. We’re here to help!
Driving the Truck
Regardless of the size of the truck, you can drive it safely from your current location to your destination. You don’t need an exclusive license or additional training. We recommend that you drive it around town first before you pack it. You’ll get a feel for how the truck operates and how to best drive it. Here are some other suggestions:
● Slow down around the curves. You’ll minimize the amount of movement that goes inside the truck.
● Gradually slow down at intersections. Use extreme caution.
● When accelerating, gradually speed. Sudden jerks in the accelerator can cause items to topple over.
● Learn where the rearview mirrors are and use them frequently. Always be aware of the traffic around you.
● Watch for overhead clearance and weight limits.
Loading the Truck
When loading a moving truck, remember this simple rule of thumb: large bulky items go in first toward the front of the truck. This method stabilizes the vehicle distributes the weight from the center outward. You should never load a truck by yourself. You can enlist the help of our movers so that you don’t have to bear the burden yourself. Our team of movers has the experience and skill necessary to safely and efficiently move all of your valuables. Here are some other loading tips:
● Distribute the weight of large, heavier items throughout the front. Keep the weight from stacking up on one side of the truck.
● Tie down all items to keep them from shifting or toppling over
● Protect the furniture using blankets or cardboard. You can also purchase padding and packing supplies from us.
● Use your mattresses as padding. For instance, you can place a mirror between the soft mattresses
● Use professional grade, sturdy moving boxes. We offer boxes of all shapes and sizes. Set lighter boxes on top of the heavier box so that nothing gets crushed.
● Pull the hand truck up the ramp to avoid injury. Never push it in an upward motion.
Professional Residential Moving in Minneapolis
Moving can be a hassle, but you can make it a lot easier when you hire Ace Midwest Moving to do your moving for you. We offer complete service including interstate, residential moves, military moves, crating and storage, and apartment moving. We are also an experienced commercial moving company here in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. To schedule a moving date, contact us at 763-755-2045, or you can message us at email@example.com.